Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- According to Alaska law, it's a violation of the law to refer to a New York Times columnist as a "major league asshole" without a permit.
- It's against the law to use a cat as a mascot according to Delaware law.
- It's illegal for a thunderstorm to hit during a parade in South Hannibal City, Connecticut.
- It's a misdemeanor in East Minburnburg, Vermont to eat peanuts while at a city council meeting.
- In Idaho, it's unlawful for a thunderstorm to hit during a parade.
- In Queors County, Wyoming, it's a violation of the law to attend a football game while wearing "puke green" pants.
- In St. Stoll, Virginia, it's a crime to whistle and ride a bicycle at the same time without a good reason.
- It's illegal in North Osceoladale, Nevada to refer to a New York Times columnist as a "major league asshole" except during an emergency.
- In Plante-Lacy County, Nevada, it's against the law to use a microwave oven without first reading the manual.
- Under the Arizona State Constitution, it's a felony for the host at a dinner party to serve a hamburger on blue plates.
- It's a Class A misdemeanor in Phicolville, Louisiana to give alcohol to any turkey near a public school.
- It's a violation of the law in Conda, Utah to refer to an elderly person as a "geezer" without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
- It's a violation of the law in Redburg, Massachusetts to ride a bicycle while in a burning building.
- Under the Oklahoma State Constitution, it's a crime for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 7 beers within an hour.
- In Kentucky, it's a violation of the law for a thunderstorm to hit during a parade.
- It's a Class C misdemeanor in Blueboro, Kansas to urinate within plain view of a milkman.
- In Nebraska, it's a violation of the law to cook a chicken at night.
- In La Righi County, Wisconsin, it's illegal to ice skate on an outdoor pond during the summer.
- In Gambon County, Michigan, it's unlawful to give alcohol to any elk on Sunday.
- According to Oregon law, it's a Class C misdemeanor for a minor to use a cardboard box as a weapon without a good reason.
- It's forbidden in Minster Town, Louisiana to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater.
- It's a misdemeanor in Stephaniefield, Utah to paint a house chartreuse without permission.
- In Pennsylvania, it's a felony for a person to wear a cowboy hat unless they own more than three cows.
- In Boston, Minnesota, it's a Class C misdemeanor to annoy any giraffe on a public street.
- It's a Class C misdemeanor to sell fleas at a flea market under the New Jersey State Constitution.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.