Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's illegal in La Glenbeulahboro, Texas for a milkman to eat peanuts while on duty.
- It's a felony to flip a coin in order to determine who will pay the bill at a restaurant according to North Dakota law.
- In Michigan, it's prohibited to open a soda can while drinking alcohol.
- It's a felony in New Anickvan, Rhode Island to keep Christmas decorations on a house past February 2.
- It's illegal in East Copfin, Georgia to whistle while at a basketball game.
- In Nevada, it's illegal to laugh at a lawyer joke.
- It's forbidden in West Falls, Georgia to refer to an elderly person as a "geezer" except during a fire.
- In Cursack County, California, it's unlawful to serve uncooked roadkill to a neighbor in the morning.
- It's a crime to annoy any penguin within a mile of a public school in Stonedale County, North Dakota.
- In Stariokboro, Nebraska, it's illegal to eat peanuts while in a burning building.
- It's against the law to operate a microbrewery on a bridge according to Utah law.
- In McCulloughville, Arizona, it's a misdemeanor to hitch a horse to a parking meter on a bridge within five days of an election.
- In Elm City County, Wyoming, it's against the law to put live squirrels in your pants for the purposes of fortunetelling.
- It's prohibited in Tira, Arizona to read a newspaper upside-down.
- In Berkbilger County, Virginia, it's a misdemeanor to hit a clergyman over the head with a floppy diskette.
- It's prohibited to discriminate against a school teacher who is unable to chew gum in East Callao City County, Indiana.
- In Pineton County, Missouri, it's prohibited to annoy any cat in the vicinity of a landfill.
- It's prohibited in Minburn, Mississippi for a rooster or hen to make a loud noise within 442 feet of a private residence without a license.
- It's forbidden in Cherrydale, South Dakota to make faces at a llama.
- It's punishable by a $7,000 fine for a teenager to swat a fly unless a elected official is present in Pututhu County, Wyoming.
- Under the Wyoming State Constitution, it's illegal to keep more than 4 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
- It's against the law to use "dihydrogen monoxide" as a dangerous weapon in Florida.
- In La River, South Dakota, it's against the law to fall asleep while wearing a fur coat.
- In Whitney County, Arkansas, it's a violation of the law for a milkman to swat a fly with their friends.
- It's prohibited in Timchenko-Kratke, Wisconsin for a domesticated animal to mate near a city library.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.