Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- According to Louisiana law, it's prohibited to paint a house bright orange except during a fire.
- It's a misdemeanor in Little Murray, South Dakota to chew gum and carry an ice cream cone at the same time on a public street when the President is giving a speech on national television.
- In West Ridge, Utah, it's a felony to sell fleas at a flea market.
- It's a violation of the law to attempt to fight City Hall in Red Springs, Utah.
- In Kansas, it's a felony to sit on a toilet for more than 298 minutes.
- It's unlawful to use "dihydrogen monoxide" as a dangerous weapon in Nebraska.
- It's unlawful to operate a fax machine and swat a fly simultaneously near a public school in San Werhner County, Maine.
- According to Kentucky law, it's a misdemeanor to loiter in front of a elected official's house.
- Under the Colorado State Constitution, it's illegal for a elected official to open a soda can while on duty.
- It's a violation of the law in Loren Village, Oklahoma for a rooster or hen to make a loud noise within 268 feet of a private residence without a good reason.
- It's a Class C misdemeanor to attempt to fight City Hall according to California law.
- In Texas, it's a violation of the law to insult an elected official on July 4th.
- In North Dakota, it's prohibited for a minor to use a floppy diskette as a weapon without a permit.
- Under the Illinois State Constitution, it's against the law to read a newspaper upside-down.
- In Yellow Town County, Nebraska, it's illegal to switch your long distance carrier more than 4 times in a month.
- In Quigley County, South Dakota, it's a misdemeanor to allow a minor to operate a ceiling fan unsupervised.
- It's a Class C felony for a minor to use a comb as a weapon without a permit in Acs-Greathouse, Rhode Island.
- In Springfield, West Virginia, it's forbidden for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 5 beers within an hour.
- Under the Colorado State Constitution, it's prohibited to fall asleep while wearing a hat.
- In Pittsburgh County, Arkansas, it's illegal to awaken a sleeping milkman.
- In West Virginia, it's a violation of the law to drive a car and go bowling simultaneously in the evening.
- In Cooooy, Michigan, it's a crime to refer to a New York Times columnist as a "major league asshole" without a license.
- It's punishable by a $7,000 fine in Blackburg, Delaware to sell your soul to Satan with no exceptions.
- It's a felony to purchase a ceiling fan made in Jamaica in Whitefield, Texas.
- It's against the law for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a milkman in Riverside County, Rhode Island.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.