Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's prohibited to ice skate on an outdoor pond during the summer in California.
- In Sergiodale, Colorado, it's punishable by a $6,000 fine to bring a crying baby to a city council meeting.
- It's a misdemeanor in North Lake, Maryland to switch your long distance carrier more than 6 times in a month.
- In New Hampshire, it's prohibited for a rooster or hen to make a loud noise within 315 feet of a private residence without a license.
- In Wyoming, it's illegal to walk backwards while drinking alcohol.
- It's a crime in Arlington, Wisconsin to give alcohol to any elephant without a good reason.
- It's a felony in New Skykomish City, Nevada to make faces at a horse.
- Under the Mississippi State Constitution, it's unlawful to install more than two ceiling fans in one house.
- It's illegal to post election signs for a Republican candidate unless a milkman is present under the New York State Constitution.
- It's illegal for a city alderman to sing while on duty under the Wisconsin State Constitution.
- In Oklahoma, it's forbidden to sing while at a demolition derby.
- In McKenstrie City, South Dakota, it's against the law to catch a fly ball at a baseball game without offering to give it back to the team.
- It's illegal for a farmer to plant corn in April according to Maine law.
- It's prohibited in South Gardena, Illinois to make fun of an elected official on July 4th.
- It's against the law in Old Perodro, Washington to use a dog as a mascot.
- In Baton Rouge, Oregon, it's a violation of the law to put live squirrels in your pants for the purposes of gambling.
- It's a felony in Red Bridge, Florida to mispronounce the name of the state flower.
- It's a violation of the law in Spruceboro, New Jersey to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper unless you are registered to vote.
- It's against the law to attend a city council meeting while wearing chartreuse pants in Claude Creek County, New Jersey.
- It's forbidden in Breeuwer, Nevada to annoy any elk near a city park.
- In Elmburg, Idaho, it's a felony for a domesticated animal to mate within a mile of a city library.
- It's a misdemeanor in Riverside, Nevada to write a research paper about "stupid laws".
- According to South Carolina law, it's a crime to annoy any chicken close to a church.
- It's a misdemeanor in Ruhl, Idaho for a minor to use a floppy diskette as a weapon except during an emergency.
- Under the Louisiana State Constitution, it's forbidden to view a dog from an airplane.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.