Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Kentucky, it's a felony to paint a house "puke green" with no exceptions.
- According to Wisconsin law, it's a violation of the law to name a child "Slofree".
- It's a crime to allow a pet to bite a fireman in Alabama.
- In Notus, Massachusetts, it's illegal to engage in a public display of affection for more than 19 minutes.
- It's a crime for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a clergyman in Murray, North Carolina.
- Under the Texas State Constitution, it's prohibited to breastfeed someone else's baby except during an emergency.
- It's a Class B felony for a thunderstorm to hit during a parade according to Michigan law.
- It's unlawful in Forher Village, Connecticut to sit on a toilet for more than 221 minutes.
- In Pennsylvania, it's a felony to protest naked within a mile of a landfill except during a fire.
- Under the Missouri State Constitution, it's illegal to steal a road sign unless you have a good reason.
- It's a misdemeanor to eat a salad with your mouth open within a mile of a landfill under the Minnesota State Constitution.
- It's illegal to create a website that contains frames in East Springfield County, Wyoming.
- In Michigan, it's forbidden to compile and distribute a list of "stupid laws".
- It's a Class B misdemeanor to hit a police officer over the head with a rain gauge under the Connecticut State Constitution.
- According to Wyoming law, it's illegal to drive a car while undressed.
- Under the Maryland State Constitution, it's a felony to use the word "crateedale" in a perjorative way.
- In Georgia, it's punishable by a $6,000 fine to post election signs for a Democratic candidate except during an emergency.
- It's a Class C felony in Suzanne City, Rhode Island to purchase a vibrating bed made in United States.
- In Wyoming, it's unlawful to create a website that contains a dancing baby animation.
- In Newopolis County, Alabama, it's a Class A misdemeanor to share a cheeseburger with a elected official at a restaurant.
- It's illegal in St. Rutzel, North Carolina to carry a concealed toy gun unless a webmaster is present.
- It's illegal in Cherry Town, Idaho to eat a baked potato with your mouth open close to a landfill.
- In Fort Disesmi, New Mexico, it's a misdemeanor to keep Christmas decorations on a house past February 8.
- It's unlawful to detonate a nuclear device without a permit in Carbon, Michigan.
- In Bluefield County, Massachusetts, it's unlawful to carry a concealed toy gun without permission.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.