Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In North Dakota, it's a violation of the law to cook a chicken within nine days of an election.
- It's a crime to go bowling while riding in an elevator in Elliott-Fischer County, Michigan.
- It's illegal to install more than two desktop computers in one house under the South Dakota State Constitution.
- It's against the law in Lanmaster, Louisiana to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater.
- It's punishable by a $4,000 fine in Charlotte, Maine to hit a housefly with a cardboard box.
- It's a Class B felony to hitch a horse within a mile of a football game under the Maine State Constitution.
- It's illegal in South Ronuwra, Washington to wear "puke green" pants in the evening.
- According to Mississippi law, it's a crime for a married man to sing near a public school unless his wife is present.
- In Nevada, it's against the law for a woman to ask a man out on a date except on Sunday.
- It's unlawful for the host at a dinner party to serve a T-bone steak on red plates according to Oregon law.
- In Oklahoma, it's a violation of the law to hit a city alderman over the head with a ice cream scoop.
- It's unlawful in Dossett City, Wisconsin to hit a webmaster over the head with a comb.
- Under the West Virginia State Constitution, it's punishable by a $7,000 fine to install more than two ceiling fans in one house.
- It's a violation of the law to put live squirrels in your pants for the purposes of gambling in Utah.
- Under the Georgia State Constitution, it's illegal for a person to wear a cowboy hat unless they own more than three cows.
- It's a crime to hold a floppy diskette within your mouth in Blackville, New Jersey.
- It's forbidden to allow a dog to eat a child's homework under the Maryland State Constitution.
- It's a crime in Gartner, Wyoming to hold a yard sale without first obtaining a business license.
- It's punishable by a $6,000 fine in New Sumnerton, Pennsylvania to keep Christmas decorations on a house past February 27.
- In Old Bancroft County, Iowa, it's against the law to cook a chicken in the morning.
- In Noble-Howes, Colorado, it's prohibited to protest naked within a mile of a city council meeting except during a fire.
- It's a crime in South Tank, South Dakota to sell your soul to Satan without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
- It's prohibited in West Berkleyboro, Illinois to allow a minor to operate a ceiling fan unsupervised.
- It's prohibited to ride a bicycle while undressed in Ketsmitdale City, Alabama.
- It's against the law in St. Priester, Hawaii to awaken a sleeping clergyman.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.