Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In San Packwebdale, Missouri, it's a violation of the law to share a T-bone steak with a milkman at a restaurant.
- It's prohibited to skip church to go to a tractor pull on a Sunday in Little Meadow, Alaska.
- In North Dakota, it's forbidden to refer to an elderly person as a "geezer" with no exceptions.
- It's unlawful in Jesse Swamp, Arkansas for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a fireman.
- Under the South Carolina State Constitution, it's a crime to tell someone "Have a nice day!" unless you really mean it.
- It's a crime to carry a concealed toy gun unless a school teacher is present in Mississippi.
- It's forbidden in Morse, Pennsylvania to use a elephant as a mascot.
- It's a misdemeanor in St. Mulholland, Vermont to make fun of an elected official on July 4th.
- It's prohibited to wear brown socks during a thunderstorm in Long Beach County, Georgia.
- It's a violation of the law for a man to give his wife a box of candy costing less than $53 or weighing less than 50 pounds according to New Mexico law.
- It's a misdemeanor to hit a kudzu vine with a cardboard box in Florida.
- In Wisconsin, it's against the law for a domesticated animal to mate in the vicinity of a city park.
- It's a Class A felony to wear white socks within nine days of an election in Drayville County, Michigan.
- In Eastopolis, Alabama, it's against the law to panhandle without a $1,000 permit.
- It's prohibited in Tucson, Arkansas for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 8 beers within an hour.
- It's unlawful in White Birch, Illinois to fall asleep while wearing a pair of shoes.
- Under the Minnesota State Constitution, it's a crime to create a website that contains frames.
- According to Florida law, it's a misdemeanor to discharge a cannon at a wedding while drunk.
- It's a misdemeanor to compile and distribute a list of "stupid laws" in Prue, Oklahoma.
- It's punishable by a $1,000 fine to keep more than 6 inoperable vehicles in front of a house in Winslowville, Kansas.
- It's a felony in Muhammeddale, South Dakota to protest naked in the vicinity of a football game without a good reason.
- It's illegal in Fresno, Utah for a women weighing more than 231 pounds to carry an ice cream cone within six days of an election.
- In Woolapli, Connecticut, it's against the law to show a frown in public.
- In Florida, it's a violation of the law to use the saying "Life is like a box of chocolates" unless you know what it really means.
- According to Delaware law, it's a violation of the law to attend church without bringing a loaded gun to ward off Indian attacks.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.