Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's prohibited to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper unless you are registered to vote according to Massachusetts law.
- It's a misdemeanor for a person to wear a cowboy hat unless they own more than four cows in Texas.
- In Brighton, Ohio, it's a crime to eat peanuts while at a city council meeting.
- According to Connecticut law, it's punishable by a $1,000 fine to share a salad with a city alderman at a restaurant.
- It's prohibited in Dogwooddale, Connecticut to sit on a toilet for more than 242 minutes.
- It's punishable by a $8,000 fine to fall asleep while wearing a XXXL T-shirt in Fort Harbor County, Kansas.
- It's a crime to purchase a vibrating bed made in Gabon in Gumville, Nevada.
- It's illegal in Lower Hudson, Vermont to loiter in front of a school teacher's house.
- It's forbidden in Rasmussenton, Arizona to tell someone "Have a nice day!" unless you really mean it.
- It's illegal for a teenager to swat a fly without a good reason in Riverside County, Kentucky.
- It's illegal in Brighton, North Carolina to hold a yard sale without first obtaining a business license.
- In Oregon, it's against the law to refer to an elderly person as a "geezer" except during an emergency.
- Under the Washington State Constitution, it's a crime to hold a yard sale without first obtaining a business license.
- In Cedarville County, Alabama, it's unlawful to fall asleep while wearing a hat.
- According to Mississippi law, it's a crime to write a book about "stupid laws".
- In North Brighton County, Mississippi, it's a misdemeanor to carry a concealed comb without a license.
- In Hawaii, it's a Class B misdemeanor to eat peanuts while drinking alcohol.
- It's a misdemeanor in Swasout, Pennsylvania to name a child "Howes".
- It's a felony to tell someone "Have a nice day!" unless you really mean it according to Kansas law.
- It's prohibited in Fort Sherman, Ohio to make faces at a llama.
- It's illegal to give alcohol to any chicken without a good reason under the Mississippi State Constitution.
- It's prohibited to enter the city limits in an automobile without first contacting a fireman according to Maine law.
- It's forbidden in Andale, Nebraska to violate the laws of Thermodynamics close to a public school.
- It's punishable by a $5,000 fine in Frady, Nevada to keep more than 6 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
- Under the North Carolina State Constitution, it's a misdemeanor to ride a bicycle while in a swimming pool.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.