Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's against the law to bring a crying baby to a basketball game under the Massachusetts State Constitution.
- According to South Dakota law, it's forbidden to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater.
- In Wisconsin, it's a felony to engage in a public display of affection for more than 10 minutes.
- Under the Texas State Constitution, it's prohibited to attend a tractor pull while wearing chartreuse socks.
- It's a violation of the law in East Pepophe, California to give alcohol to any horse within 250 feet of a city library within eight days of an election.
- According to Pennsylvania law, it's a violation of the law to share an apple pie with a city alderman at a restaurant.
- It's a misdemeanor in St. Helen, Florida to allow a minor to operate a vibrating bed unsupervised.
- It's a violation of the law in Fraser, Montana for a married man to drive a car within 540 feet of a landfill unless his wife is present.
- In Portland County, Maine, it's prohibited to use a desktop computer without first reading the manual.
- It's prohibited in Washington, New York to urinate within plain view of a webmaster.
- According to Missouri law, it's forbidden to panhandle without a $2,000 permit.
- Under the Nebraska State Constitution, it's illegal to allow a dog to eat a child's homework.
- In Idaho, it's against the law to carry a concealed toy gun without permission.
- According to Illinois law, it's forbidden to compile and distribute a list of "stupid laws".
- Under the Utah State Constitution, it's a crime to kill a kudzu vine within a mile of a tractor pull without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
- In Old Hatburndale, Massachusetts, it's against the law for a woman declared as "ugly" to be seen in public without wearing makeup.
- It's a misdemeanor in Kummerton, Idaho to operate a microbrewery in the vicinity of a church.
- In Old Murray, Missouri, it's against the law to awaken a sleeping lawyer.
- In San Croghan, New Jersey, it's illegal to purchase a refrigerator made in El Salvador.
- It's against the law in St. Ratner, West Virginia for the host at a dinner party to serve a T-bone steak on hot pink plates.
- In Throwerton County, Maryland, it's a violation of the law for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 4 beers within an hour.
- It's a felony in Victoria Station, Idaho to eat peanuts while in a burning building.
- It's prohibited in Upper Gerard, Missouri to allow a pet to bite a webmaster.
- In Delaware, it's unlawful for a domesticated animal to mate close to a church.
- In Croghan, Nevada, it's illegal to breastfeed someone else's baby unless a city alderman is present.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.