Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's prohibited to view a camel from an airplane in Leech-Payne, Kentucky.
- According to Louisiana law, it's unlawful to swat a fly without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.
- In Stice, West Virginia, it's a violation of the law to attend church without bringing a loaded gun to ward off Indian attacks.
- In Sherry Hill County, Iowa, it's illegal to attempt to bribe an elected official with less than $19,000.
- It's a felony to serve gasoline as a beverage according to Iowa law.
- Under the South Carolina State Constitution, it's against the law for a person to wear a cowboy hat unless they own more than four cows.
- In Maryland, it's a violation of the law to attempt to fight City Hall.
- According to Louisiana law, it's a Class A misdemeanor to hit a housefly with a ice cream scoop.
- According to Nebraska law, it's punishable by a $8,000 fine to build a time machine without a permit.
- It's a misdemeanor in Gayle Ridge, South Carolina to steal a road sign unless you have a good reason.
- It's a Class B felony to exceed the speed of 2-1/2 miles per hour while riding a bicycle in a city park in California.
- In Albuquerque County, South Dakota, it's a Class A misdemeanor to paint a house grey without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
- It's punishable by a $4,000 fine in Lower Meredith, Kansas to build a time machine without a license.
- In Robapriopolis County, Minnesota, it's illegal for a farmer to plant corn in January.
- According to Missouri law, it's punishable by a $8,000 fine to use a deer as a mascot.
- In Spooer, Oregon, it's a crime to walk backwards while drinking alcohol.
- In Arlington County, Michigan, it's illegal to speak English in the presense of a lawyer.
- It's a felony in New Hollandville, Pennsylvania to ride a bicycle and dance simultaneously close to a city park.
- Under the Tennessee State Constitution, it's a Class A felony for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 9 beers within an hour.
- Under the California State Constitution, it's illegal to engage in a public display of affection for more than 6 minutes.
- It's illegal to eat peanuts while undressed in Monsees, Maine.
- It's a misdemeanor to use a clothes dryer on a sunny day in Colorado.
- It's a violation of the law in Pfitzenger, Alaska to carry a concealed comb except during a fire.
- It's forbidden for the host at a dinner party to serve a hamburger on chartreuse plates in Carbon, North Dakota.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.