Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In St. Melvin County, Connecticut, it's a violation of the law to sell your soul to Satan without a good reason.
- It's a misdemeanor to allow a pet to bite a webmaster in Samuel Forest County, Arkansas.
- It's a misdemeanor in Jimenezboro, Oklahoma to view a dog from an airplane.
- In Pettigrew County, South Carolina, it's unlawful to embarrass an elected official on July 4th.
- In Coonsdale, Pennsylvania, it's a violation of the law to operate a fax machine and whistle at the same time during a thunderstorm.
- Under the Alaska State Constitution, it's illegal for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a milkman.
- It's forbidden in Houston, Missouri to operate a garbage disposal while blindfolded.
- It's a crime to speak English in the presense of a school teacher under the Missouri State Constitution.
- It's against the law to allow a dog to eat a child's homework in Washington.
- It's illegal in West Radley, Indiana to skip church to go to a demolition derby on a Sunday.
- It's prohibited in Douglas Bend, Maryland to attend a baseball game while wearing chartreuse socks.
- According to Arkansas law, it's punishable by a $5,000 fine to make faces at a elk.
- In Fradet Town County, North Dakota, it's against the law to eat an apple pie with your mouth open in the vicinity of a city library.
- According to Mississippi law, it's a felony to create a website that contains a dancing baby animation.
- It's a violation of the law to awaken a sleeping elected official under the Vermont State Constitution.
- It's a misdemeanor to awaken a sleeping police officer in Nevada.
- In Red Town, Alaska, it's illegal to use the word "abyduck" in a perjorative way.
- In South City County, Missouri, it's punishable by a $2,000 fine to attempt to fight City Hall.
- Under the Florida State Constitution, it's a crime to urinate within plain view of a clergyman.
- Under the Rhode Island State Constitution, it's illegal to detonate a nuclear device except during a fire.
- It's a felony for a domesticated animal to mate near a demolition derby according to Florida law.
- It's unlawful to mispronounce the name of the state tree according to Vermont law.
- Under the Connecticut State Constitution, it's punishable by a $1,000 fine to build a time machine without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.
- It's illegal to discharge a cannon at a wedding while drunk under the New Hampshire State Constitution.
- It's a crime to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper unless you are registered to vote in Oregon.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.