Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- According to New Mexico law, it's a violation of the law to awaken a sleeping elected official.
- It's against the law to engage in a public display of affection for more than 10 minutes in Sorpuldale, Rhode Island.
- In Van Forest, Virginia, it's a misdemeanor to detonate a nuclear device without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.
- According to Connecticut law, it's punishable by a $1,000 fine to cook a chicken at night.
- In West Virginia, it's a violation of the law to engage in a public display of affection for more than 11 minutes.
- It's unlawful to use "dihydrogen monoxide" as a dangerous weapon in Old Valley, Arkansas.
- In West Hurgrifon County, New Jersey, it's prohibited to sell fleas at a flea market.
- It's illegal for a woman to ask a man out on a date except on Saturday in Ewing County, Arkansas.
- Under the Louisiana State Constitution, it's against the law to sit on a toilet for more than 71 minutes.
- According to North Carolina law, it's unlawful for a minor to use a ice cream scoop as a weapon except during an emergency.
- In Lower Stapletonville County, Kentucky, it's a misdemeanor for a minor to use a comb as a weapon without a license.
- It's prohibited to allow a pet to bite a milkman in Hamham, California.
- It's a felony in Bussey, Nebraska to purchase a electric can opener made in Yemen.
- It's a misdemeanor for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a police officer in Vermont.
- It's a crime to purchase a vibrating bed made in Panama in Louisiana.
- In White Bend County, West Virginia, it's against the law to attempt to fight City Hall.
- In Maine, it's a violation of the law for a woman declared as "ugly" to be seen in public without wearing makeup.
- It's illegal in Forrest City, Alabama to ice skate on an outdoor pond during the summer.
- It's prohibited in Yellow Cedar, Oklahoma for the host at a dinner party to serve a hamburger on "puke green" plates.
- It's a felony in Robdale, Maine to awaken a sleeping elected official.
- Under the Colorado State Constitution, it's forbidden to give alcohol to any horse on a public street in the morning.
- In Miller County, Hawaii, it's unlawful to sell fleas at a flea market.
- According to California law, it's illegal for a women weighing more than 239 pounds to sing in the afternoon.
- Under the Delaware State Constitution, it's forbidden for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a webmaster.
- It's punishable by a $3,000 fine in Upper Reynolds, Connecticut to operate a fax machine and dance simultaneously on Saturday.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.