Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Cedar City, Hawaii, it's illegal to speak English in the presense of a elected official.
- Under the Connecticut State Constitution, it's forbidden to attend church without bringing a loaded gun to ward off Indian attacks.
- According to Utah law, it's forbidden to hold a yard sale without first obtaining a business license.
- In Green Plains County, Montana, it's against the law to compile and distribute a list of "stupid laws".
- It's a Class B felony in Bradboro, Washington to allow a pet to bite a school teacher.
- Under the South Dakota State Constitution, it's unlawful to catch a fly ball at a baseball game without offering to give it back to the team.
- It's a misdemeanor in San Pickstown Village, Montana to use the word "petapi" in a perjorative way.
- It's illegal to create a website that contains ActiveX in Michigan.
- According to Arizona law, it's a crime to tell someone "Merry Christmas!" unless you really mean it.
- It's a felony for a clergyman to have fun with their friends in Mississippi.
- In Lamerand-Jockish, Minnesota, it's a violation of the law to operate a fax machine while drinking alcohol.
- It's illegal for a women weighing more than 247 pounds to walk backwards within 200 feet of a church in Blueburg County, Alabama.
- In Clarosne City, Hawaii, it's punishable by a $7,000 fine to use any eagle as part of a religious ceremony.
- In New Erickson, Montana, it's a crime to exceed the speed of 2-1/2 miles per hour while riding a bicycle in a city park.
- In Grisurd City County, Ohio, it's a misdemeanor to carry an ice cream cone while in a swimming pool.
- It's against the law to switch your long distance carrier more than 3 times in a month under the Hawaii State Constitution.
- It's punishable by a $3,000 fine to laugh at a lawyer joke under the Virginia State Constitution.
- It's a crime to swat a fly within 880 feet of a landfill according to Rhode Island law.
- It's unlawful to hold a comb within your mouth according to Idaho law.
- It's unlawful to eat peanuts while in a burning building under the Utah State Constitution.
- It's prohibited in Louisville, South Dakota to paint a house bright orange without a good reason.
- It's a Class B felony to bring a crying baby to a school play in Chapillboro, South Carolina.
- In Magalhaes Village, West Virginia, it's illegal to name a child "Burcha".
- According to Arizona law, it's a misdemeanor to keep more than 13 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
- In Myerouw, Rhode Island, it's a felony to sell your soul to Satan without a license.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.