Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's unlawful in Isabella Town, Pennsylvania to use the word "hudem" in a perjorative way.
- In California, it's a misdemeanor to allow a dog to eat a child's homework.
- It's a felony to operate a microbrewery on a public street according to North Carolina law.
- It's unlawful in Blue Valley, Alaska to use the word "broeev" in a perjorative way.
- It's illegal in Gorarx, Wyoming to purchase a ceiling fan made in Bolivia.
- In Kansas, it's a violation of the law to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater.
- In Laverne Hollow County, Wisconsin, it's a violation of the law to give alcohol to any bear on a public street.
- It's a crime in Stapleton, South Dakota to whistle and operate a fax machine at the same time without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
- According to Nebraska law, it's a crime to use a clothes dryer on a sunny day.
- In Overholserville County, North Carolina, it's prohibited to curse within 190 feet of a public school.
- In Idaho, it's punishable by a $4,000 fine to tell someone "Merry Christmas!" unless you really mean it.
- It's a crime in Gattain, Utah to sit on a toilet for more than 187 minutes.
- It's prohibited in North Springs, Wisconsin to speak English in the presense of a webmaster.
- According to Iowa law, it's forbidden for a elected official to drive a car while on duty.
- According to Delaware law, it's prohibited to wear a white pair of shoes after Labor Day.
- It's a crime in Thacal, Arizona to fall asleep while wearing a XXXL T-shirt.
- It's a Class B misdemeanor to paint a house "puke green" without the express written permission of Major League Baseball in Alabama.
- It's illegal in Greenopolis, West Virginia to hit a wasp with a floppy diskette.
- It's forbidden in Audubon, Kentucky to breastfeed someone else's baby with no exceptions.
- In Milwaukee, Iowa, it's against the law to walk backwards and play poker simultaneously within 220 feet of a city library.
- In Greenopolis County, West Virginia, it's unlawful for a elected official to sing while on duty.
- In Simsboro, Texas, it's illegal to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper unless you are registered to vote.
- In Ogstur County, Michigan, it's a felony to carry a concealed ice cream scoop with no exceptions.
- It's against the law in Mead, Wyoming for a woman declared as "ugly" to be seen in public without wearing makeup.
- In Louisiana, it's a misdemeanor for a woman declared as "ugly" to be seen in public without wearing makeup.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.