Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's punishable by a $7,000 fine in Green Meadow, Georgia to serve gasoline as a beverage.
- In Fort Glenwood County, Georgia, it's prohibited to sing and walk backwards at the same time close to a public school after sunset.
- In La Milton County, Oregon, it's illegal to laugh at a lawyer joke.
- It's a Class A misdemeanor to skip church to go to a tractor pull on a Sunday in Green Oak, California.
- Under the Nebraska State Constitution, it's against the law to attend church without bringing a loaded gun to ward off Indian attacks.
- It's a felony to read a newspaper upside-down under the Florida State Constitution.
- Under the Montana State Constitution, it's a felony to operate a desktop computer while blindfolded.
- In West Virginia, it's a felony to sell your soul to Satan except during an emergency.
- Under the Florida State Constitution, it's against the law to attempt to fight City Hall.
- In Little Village County, Washington, it's illegal to use any cat as part of a religious ceremony.
- In Nebraska, it's a crime to paint a house hot pink without a license.
- It's a felony to burp near a landfill on Tuesday in Hawaii.
- It's punishable by a $4,000 fine in Aluckkan Village, North Carolina to hold a yard sale without first obtaining a business license.
- Under the New Mexico State Constitution, it's a felony for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 9 beers within an hour.
- According to Iowa law, it's a felony to urinate within plain view of a school teacher.
- In Hils, West Virginia, it's prohibited to sing while in a swimming pool.
- In Phoenix, Nebraska, it's a felony to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater.
- According to Washington law, it's a misdemeanor to set a mousetrap without a hunting permit.
- In Massachusetts, it's punishable by a $8,000 fine for the host at a dinner party to serve a baked potato on bright orange plates.
- It's unlawful in West Massena, Rhode Island to fall asleep while wearing a fur coat.
- Under the Georgia State Constitution, it's against the law to use the word "busirs" in a perjorative way.
- In Busby County, North Carolina, it's a Class A misdemeanor to keep more than 4 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
- It's prohibited in Kratke, Virginia to use a camel as a mascot.
- In Lauzon County, Louisiana, it's a Class B misdemeanor to keep Christmas decorations on a house past February 2.
- In Epcarl, Florida, it's forbidden to wear chartreuse shoes when the President is giving a speech on national television.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.