Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's punishable by a $1,000 fine in Sanopolis, Indiana to wear chartreuse pants within three days of an election.
- In Florida, it's unlawful to use any camel as part of a religious ceremony.
- It's illegal to share a salad with a lawyer at a restaurant in Delaware.
- In Bradley-Eure County, Virginia, it's a misdemeanor to attempt to fight City Hall.
- Under the Rhode Island State Constitution, it's a Class C misdemeanor to panhandle without a $3,000 permit.
- In New Mexico, it's prohibited to breastfeed someone else's baby without a permit.
- According to Ohio law, it's forbidden to breastfeed someone else's baby without a good reason.
- It's forbidden in San Jacksonton, North Dakota to hit a school teacher over the head with a cardboard box.
- In Hickoryburg, Oregon, it's a crime for the host at a dinner party to serve a cheeseburger on hot pink plates.
- In Miguel Hollow, North Dakota, it's against the law to compile and distribute a list of "stupid laws".
- It's a felony in St. Rush, Maryland for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a city alderman.
- In Kansas, it's a violation of the law to discharge a cannon at a wedding while drunk.
- It's illegal to loiter in front of a fireman's house according to Iowa law.
- It's prohibited for a married man to operate a fax machine close to a public school unless his wife is present in Olive Station County, Wisconsin.
- It's prohibited in Wichita, Georgia to enter the city limits in an automobile without first contacting a clergyman.
- Under the Iowa State Constitution, it's a felony to make faces at a turkey.
- In La Hollow County, Hawaii, it's a crime for a school teacher to operate a fax machine while on duty.
- It's a felony for a lawyer to eat peanuts while on duty according to New Hampshire law.
- It's unlawful in Brubacker-Wintle, Florida to kill a housefly on a public street without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
- It's punishable by a $2,000 fine for a rooster or hen to make a loud noise within 452 feet of a private residence with no exceptions in Minnesota.
- It's a misdemeanor to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater according to South Carolina law.
- It's illegal in St. Robles, Kansas to discriminate against a fireman who is unable to operate a fax machine.
- It's illegal for a farmer to plant corn in May in Green Birch County, Tennessee.
- It's prohibited in Atlanta, Florida for a farmer to plant corn in July.
- It's a violation of the law in Blue Cedar, Vermont to spit on a sidewalk within 271 feet of a posted "NO SPITTING ON SIDEWALK" sign.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.