Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's against the law in Tosnowdale, Connecticut to sell fleas at a flea market.
- It's punishable by a $8,000 fine in Lehman, Vermont to sit on a toilet for more than 354 minutes.
- In Omaha County, Washington, it's a crime to sell fleas at a flea market.
- In Washington, it's a crime to sell fleas at a flea market.
- Under the Oklahoma State Constitution, it's punishable by a $8,000 fine to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater.
- It's a misdemeanor in Old Town, Wyoming to allow a dog to eat a child's homework.
- Under the South Carolina State Constitution, it's forbidden to protest naked within 670 feet of a city park without permission.
- According to Colorado law, it's forbidden for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 7 beers within an hour.
- It's a misdemeanor in Lionel Town, Kentucky to use any cat as part of a religious ceremony.
- It's a misdemeanor to sit on a toilet for more than 272 minutes in Ramsberg, New Jersey.
- In Manning County, Nebraska, it's punishable by a $7,000 fine to install more than two bathtubs in one house.
- It's unlawful in Little Orchardboro, Texas to keep more than 10 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
- It's a felony in Uoughtkay Town, Delaware to allow a dog to eat a child's homework.
- It's a misdemeanor to laugh at a lawyer joke according to Oregon law.
- It's prohibited to use any cow as part of a religious ceremony in Short, New York.
- According to Wisconsin law, it's a Class C felony to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper unless you are registered to vote.
- It's forbidden to attempt to fight City Hall according to Hawaii law.
- It's a misdemeanor in Poplarboro, Colorado to sit on a toilet for more than 277 minutes.
- It's a felony to discharge a cannon at a wedding while drunk in Black Creek County, West Virginia.
- It's a felony in Yikin Town, Virginia to ride a bicycle and carry an ice cream cone at the same time in the evening.
- It's against the law in St. Ringler, Wyoming to attend a tractor pull while wearing bright orange shoes.
- In Austin County, New Hampshire, it's forbidden to put live squirrels in your pants for the purposes of gambling.
- Under the Ohio State Constitution, it's unlawful for a lawyer to swat a fly with their friends.
- In Alaska, it's a Class B felony to allow a pet to bite a school teacher.
- It's illegal in East Craaub, Mississippi to flip a coin in order to determine who will pay the bill at a restaurant.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.