Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Georgia, it's unlawful to exceed the speed of 3-1/2 miles per hour while riding a bicycle in a city park.
- It's a Class C felony to sell fleas at a flea market in New Hampshire.
- In Kansas, it's punishable by a $4,000 fine to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater.
- In Melberer County, Utah, it's forbidden to use a garbage disposal without first reading the manual.
- Under the Washington State Constitution, it's against the law to engage in a public display of affection for more than 15 minutes.
- It's illegal for a police officer to have fun with their friends in Westville County, Delaware.
- It's a misdemeanor in San Diego, Montana to wear bright orange shoes in the evening.
- It's a Class B misdemeanor to scare a sleeping bear except in the morning in Washington.
- According to Alabama law, it's a crime to allow a minor to operate a desktop computer unsupervised.
- In Bertaina City County, Kansas, it's prohibited to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper unless you are registered to vote.
- Under the Utah State Constitution, it's prohibited to paint a house "puke green" without a good reason.
- It's a felony to hit a wasp with a floppy diskette in Hamel City, Rhode Island.
- In La Elgin, Utah, it's against the law to whistle while drinking alcohol.
- It's against the law in Dallas, New Hampshire to attend a tractor pull while wearing chartreuse socks.
- According to Kentucky law, it's a Class B felony to make faces at a llama.
- It's a Class C felony in Gardena, Rhode Island to allow a dog to eat a child's homework.
- It's unlawful to operate a fax machine while undressed in Little City, Ohio.
- In Grover-Loomis County, Idaho, it's against the law to skip church to go to a demolition derby on a Sunday.
- It's prohibited to read a newspaper upside-down under the Illinois State Constitution.
- In South Elizabeth, Washington, it's a felony to operate a microbrewery within a mile of a public school.
- It's against the law to use the saying "Life is like a box of chocolates" unless you know what it really means under the Utah State Constitution.
- It's prohibited to build a time machine without a license under the New Mexico State Constitution.
- It's illegal in Greenboro, Arizona for a rooster or hen to make a loud noise within 252 feet of a private residence without a permit.
- It's forbidden in St. McGrew, Alabama for a woman to ask a man out on a date except on Wednesday.
- It's punishable by a $1,000 fine in Urickashboro, North Dakota to violate the laws of Thermodynamics near a landfill within one days of an election.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.