Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's prohibited to show a frown in public in Atoka County, Oklahoma.
- Under the Arkansas State Constitution, it's against the law to awaken a sleeping police officer.
- In Cindyfield, Massachusetts, it's a violation of the law to ice skate on an outdoor pond during the summer.
- In Aurora County, Maine, it's a Class B misdemeanor to post election signs for a Democratic candidate except during a fire.
- It's a misdemeanor to urinate within plain view of a police officer in East River County, Michigan.
- Under the Rhode Island State Constitution, it's unlawful to name a child "Selromway".
- In Higginbotham County, Kansas, it's against the law to serve uncooked roadkill to a neighbor after sunset.
- It's a Class A misdemeanor in White City, Massachusetts to discharge a cannon at a wedding while drunk.
- In Black Valley, Alabama, it's prohibited to annoy any elephant on a public street.
- According to Connecticut law, it's a crime to carry a concealed ice cream scoop unless a lawyer is present.
- It's illegal in La Trepla, Massachusetts to share a hamburger with a milkman at a restaurant.
- It's unlawful in Yolanda Village, Louisiana to kill a poison ivy plant on a public street without a permit.
- According to North Dakota law, it's unlawful to use any horse as part of a religious ceremony.
- It's prohibited in Eastburg, Minnesota to discharge a cannon at a wedding while drunk.
- According to Minnesota law, it's against the law for a domesticated animal to mate on a bridge.
- It's forbidden in Whiteburg, Colorado to operate a microbrewery near a church.
- Under the Alabama State Constitution, it's a felony for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 8 beers within an hour.
- It's a felony in Bruesa City, California to protest naked close to a church with no exceptions.
- It's a violation of the law for a teenager to have fun without permission in Wisconsin.
- In Striba, Kansas, it's punishable by a $8,000 fine to walk backwards while at a city council meeting.
- In Newville County, Indiana, it's a felony for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a school teacher.
- It's prohibited in Brighton, Georgia to make fun of an elected official on July 4th.
- Under the Idaho State Constitution, it's against the law to bring a crying baby to a football game.
- Under the Kentucky State Constitution, it's against the law to use a desktop computer without first reading the manual.
- It's illegal to scare a sleeping eagle except after sunset in Red Bay, Pennsylvania.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.