Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's prohibited in Darlington, Kansas for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 8 beers within an hour.
- It's a violation of the law in Katz, Rhode Island to keep Christmas decorations on a house past February 3.
- In Phashaopolis, Montana, it's prohibited for a police officer to have fun with their friends.
- In Andale County, Nebraska, it's a crime to whistle while drinking alcohol.
- It's forbidden in Farmen-Baxter, Minnesota to show a frown in public.
- It's a felony in Andreadale, Oklahoma to operate a electric can opener while blindfolded.
- In Lacy County, Georgia, it's a Class C felony to sneeze close to a church.
- Under the Kentucky State Constitution, it's a Class B misdemeanor to operate a microbrewery within 490 feet of a public school.
- Under the Indiana State Constitution, it's forbidden to kill a mosquito near a public school except during a fire.
- It's a Class B misdemeanor to scare a sleeping camel except during a thunderstorm in Croan, Massachusetts.
- In Texas, it's illegal to steal a road sign unless you have a good reason.
- It's punishable by a $8,000 fine in Epshtein-Kimball, Wyoming for a rooster or hen to make a loud noise within 475 feet of a private residence without a permit.
- It's a misdemeanor in Whiteville, California to allow a dog to eat a child's homework.
- It's a crime in Detroit, New Mexico to fall asleep while wearing a XXXL T-shirt.
- In New Hampshire, it's prohibited to paint a house "puke green" except during a fire.
- It's illegal in Frady, Vermont to compile and distribute a list of "stupid laws".
- In Church, Indiana, it's a violation of the law to flip a coin in order to determine who will pay the bill at a restaurant.
- It's unlawful in Blue Sycamore, New Hampshire to enter the city limits in an automobile without first contacting a fireman.
- It's a Class A felony to sell your soul to Satan without permission under the Pennsylvania State Constitution.
- It's unlawful in St. Althouse, South Carolina to create a website that contains a dancing baby animation.
- It's a Class C misdemeanor in Hasenau, Illinois to awaken a sleeping police officer.
- According to Alabama law, it's unlawful to make faces at a camel.
- In Alabama, it's a Class A felony to give alcohol to any dog close to a city park.
- In Nevada, it's unlawful to set a mousetrap without a hunting permit.
- It's illegal to use "dihydrogen monoxide" as a dangerous weapon in Pennsylvania.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.