Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- Under the Nevada State Constitution, it's a felony to give alcohol to any bear without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
- In Arkansas, it's a misdemeanor to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper unless you are registered to vote.
- It's a misdemeanor in Minburn, New Jersey to give alcohol to any horse without a permit.
- Under the Hawaii State Constitution, it's against the law for a minor to use a comb as a weapon without permission.
- Under the Rhode Island State Constitution, it's against the law to hit a elected official over the head with a cardboard box.
- It's prohibited for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy costing less than $26 or weighing less than 53 pounds in Sanfield County, South Carolina.
- It's a felony for a woman declared as "ugly" to be seen in public without wearing makeup in Willowdale, Nebraska.
- In Old Bassettburg County, Texas, it's illegal for a married man to chew gum near a church unless his wife is present.
- It's illegal for a married man to carry an ice cream cone near a city park unless his wife is present under the Florida State Constitution.
- In Little Lelandton, North Dakota, it's a Class C felony to speak English in the presense of a elected official.
- It's against the law in Eureka, North Carolina to wear chartreuse socks during a thunderstorm.
- It's forbidden to ice skate on an outdoor pond during the summer under the Washington State Constitution.
- It's illegal in White Hickory, Connecticut for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a clergyman.
- According to South Dakota law, it's a misdemeanor to sell fleas at a flea market.
- It's against the law to show a frown in public in Vivian City County, Utah.
- It's unlawful in East Plieun, Wyoming to paint a house hot pink without permission.
- Under the Idaho State Constitution, it's punishable by a $2,000 fine to allow a pet to bite a clergyman.
- It's a violation of the law in Wingatefield, Texas for a teenager to drink non-alcoholic beer without the express written permission of Major League Baseball.
- It's a felony to bring a crying baby to a basketball game in Delaware.
- Under the Missouri State Constitution, it's a crime for a women weighing more than 236 pounds to operate a fax machine after sunset.
- In Idaho, it's unlawful to catch a fly ball at a baseball game without offering to give it back to the team.
- It's forbidden to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater in Fort Swan Town County, Kansas.
- According to Maine law, it's a crime to use a desktop computer without first reading the manual.
- In Yellow Elm, Hawaii, it's a felony to bring a crying baby to a concert.
- It's a violation of the law to ice skate on an outdoor pond during the summer under the South Dakota State Constitution.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.