Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Selby, Arizona, it's punishable by a $6,000 fine for a lawmaker to compose a law that a typical fifth-grader would be unable to comprehend.
- In Maine, it's a misdemeanor to drive a car while drinking alcohol.
- It's prohibited in Anaheim, New York to sell a ceiling fan to a police officer.
- It's a misdemeanor in New Chappel, Ohio to sell a vibrating bed to a fireman.
- In Poplardale County, Illinois, it's unlawful to violate Newton's Laws Of Motion without a license.
- It's a violation of the law in East Moscowburg, Maine to go bowling in the vicinity of a public school.
- In Colorado, it's illegal to switch your long distance carrier more than 6 times in a month.
- In Maryland, it's a misdemeanor to allow a minor to operate a digital camera unsupervised.
- It's against the law to sell your soul to Satan except during an emergency in Florida.
- In Lewallen City, Hawaii, it's forbidden to insult an elected official on July 4th.
- In Tommy City, Arizona, it's a Class C misdemeanor to annoy any cat near a city library.
- According to Florida law, it's a Class B misdemeanor for a lawmaker to compose a law that a typical seventh-grader would be unable to comprehend.
- It's unlawful in North Crary City, Wisconsin to fall asleep while wearing a fur coat.
- In Florida, it's a crime to view a llama from an airplane.
- It's a Class C misdemeanor in Minburn, Pennsylvania to serve gasoline as a beverage.
- In Virginia, it's forbidden to sing while in a swimming pool.
- It's punishable by a $3,000 fine in Greendale, Massachusetts to operate a vibrating bed while blindfolded.
- It's a Class A misdemeanor in Blueboro, Arkansas to skip church to go to a demolition derby on a Sunday.
- It's a crime in West Village, South Dakota to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- Under the Minnesota State Constitution, it's a misdemeanor to mispronounce the name of the state animal.
- In Littlefield County, Washington, it's prohibited to tell someone "Merry Christmas!" unless you really mean it.
- According to Illinois law, it's a felony to cook a chicken on Sunday.
- It's prohibited in New Town, Utah to name a child "Willagre".
- It's a felony to show a frown in public under the Missouri State Constitution.
- In Dimitriusdale County, Arizona, it's a felony to panhandle without a $7,000 permit.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.