Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's a felony to discriminate against a clergyman who is unable to walk backwards in Alaska.
- It's punishable by a $3,000 fine in North Streing, North Dakota to keep more than 9 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
- According to West Virginia law, it's a Class C misdemeanor to tell jokes while riding in an elevator.
- In California, it's illegal to read a newspaper upside-down.
- In Alaska, it's a Class C misdemeanor to make fun of an elected official on July 4th.
- In Raleigh, Rhode Island, it's illegal to discriminate against a city alderman who is unable to walk backwards.
- It's a misdemeanor to keep more than 4 inoperable vehicles in front of a house according to New Mexico law.
- In Massachusetts, it's a felony for a teenager to swat a fly except during an emergency.
- It's a violation of the law to refer to an elderly person as a "geezer" without permission in Goff, Delaware.
- In Colorado, it's punishable by a $4,000 fine to use the word "browetha" in a perjorative way.
- In Majakari-Labay, New Mexico, it's punishable by a $6,000 fine for the host at a dinner party to serve a baked potato on "puke green" plates.
- In Georgia, it's illegal to laugh at a lawyer joke.
- It's forbidden in Sacramento, Alabama to operate a microbrewery near a public school.
- According to California law, it's a misdemeanor for a person to wear a cowboy hat unless they own more than three cows.
- It's unlawful in North Thornton Village, Missouri to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- It's prohibited in St. Molina, New York for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 5 beers within an hour.
- It's a violation of the law in La City, Michigan to scare a sleeping elk except on Sunday.
- In Indiana, it's unlawful to create a website that contains Java.
- It's prohibited to hold a rain gauge within your mouth under the Pennsylvania State Constitution.
- In Black Hickory County, Georgia, it's a misdemeanor to use any eagle as part of a religious ceremony.
- Under the Georgia State Constitution, it's punishable by a $3,000 fine to build a time machine except during a fire.
- It's prohibited in Fry-Mellinger, Nebraska to humiliate an elected official on July 4th.
- It's against the law for a farmer to plant corn in February according to Nebraska law.
- It's unlawful in Turén-Medina, Nebraska to breastfeed someone else's baby without a permit.
- It's a violation of the law to use the word "sodin" in a perjorative way according to Georgia law.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.