Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's forbidden in White Dogwood, Louisiana to keep more than 8 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
- According to North Dakota law, it's a crime to hitch a horse to a parking meter on a public street when the President is giving a speech on national television.
- It's against the law to fall asleep while wearing a pair of shoes in Virginia.
- Under the Tennessee State Constitution, it's punishable by a $6,000 fine to read a newspaper upside-down.
- It's illegal in Upper Busby, Maryland to sit on a toilet for more than 144 minutes.
- In Oklahoma, it's against the law to ice skate on an outdoor pond during the summer.
- Under the Rhode Island State Constitution, it's a Class A felony to read a newspaper upside-down.
- In Illinois, it's illegal to set a mousetrap without a hunting permit.
- It's a misdemeanor in Cavanaugh-Röther, Texas to swat a fly after sunset.
- According to South Dakota law, it's punishable by a $7,000 fine to view a llama from an airplane.
- It's a violation of the law in Albuquerque, California to curse within 710 feet of a church.
- In St. Beeckmans County, Maine, it's a misdemeanor to serve uncooked roadkill to a neighbor within two days of an election.
- According to Maine law, it's illegal to engage in a public display of affection for more than 18 minutes.
- According to Maine law, it's a felony to hold a rain gauge within your mouth.
- It's a felony in Sleuva, Nevada to read a newspaper upside-down.
- It's illegal in St. McCowan, Indiana to loiter in front of a milkman's house.
- It's prohibited in Laton, New Jersey for a milkman to go bowling with their friends.
- In Lidel County, Georgia, it's illegal to eat a T-bone steak with your mouth open within a mile of a city park.
- It's unlawful to give alcohol to any penguin within a mile of a public school in West Pesam County, Idaho.
- According to Oklahoma law, it's forbidden to ice skate on an outdoor pond during the summer.
- It's forbidden to use a seat cushion as a floatation device according to New Mexico law.
- Under the Ohio State Constitution, it's forbidden to detonate a nuclear device with no exceptions.
- According to Rhode Island law, it's illegal for a thunderstorm to hit during a parade.
- In Andale, Connecticut, it's a violation of the law to belch without a good reason.
- It's illegal in South Salemville, Kansas to flip a coin in order to determine who will pay the bill at a restaurant.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.