Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Weberkly, Indiana, it's unlawful to curse on a public street.
- It's a felony in King, North Dakota to sell a vibrating bed to a clergyman.
- It's against the law in Shapely, Ohio to go bowling near a city council meeting.
- Under the North Dakota State Constitution, it's prohibited to build a time machine without a permit.
- It's prohibited in Little Town, Oklahoma to tell someone "Have a nice day!" unless you really mean it.
- Under the Delaware State Constitution, it's a crime to use a camel as a mascot.
- According to Utah law, it's a misdemeanor for a married man to sing near a baseball game unless his wife is present.
- Under the Idaho State Constitution, it's a Class C felony to create a website that contains Java.
- Under the Colorado State Constitution, it's against the law to build a time machine without a license.
- Under the New Jersey State Constitution, it's a crime for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a clergyman.
- Under the Maryland State Constitution, it's a crime to operate a fax machine while at a tractor pull.
- In East Toomer, New Hampshire, it's a violation of the law for the host at a dinner party to serve a baked potato on hot pink plates.
- In Hesselt-Hoopes County, Oregon, it's illegal to wear a white XXXL T-shirt after Labor Day.
- In Mayo, Arizona, it's punishable by a $6,000 fine to make faces at a horse.
- It's a violation of the law in Wilmothville, California to switch your long distance carrier more than 4 times in a month.
- It's a misdemeanor to panhandle without a $8,000 permit in Maine.
- In Hawaii, it's a violation of the law for a milkman to eat peanuts while on duty.
- It's a misdemeanor to serve gasoline as a beverage according to Idaho law.
- According to Kansas law, it's illegal to skip church to go to a football game on a Sunday.
- It's a felony in Aurora, Minnesota to eat peanuts and dance simultaneously on a public street.
- It's against the law in Rathbun, Washington to hold a cardboard box within your mouth.
- In Virginia, it's a felony to sell fleas at a flea market.
- According to Colorado law, it's forbidden to create a website that contains Java.
- In Utah, it's a Class B misdemeanor to share a hamburger with a webmaster at a restaurant.
- It's a felony in Stockton, Delaware to carry a concealed toy gun without a permit.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.