Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Aclerrob County, Maine, it's a Class C felony to view a deer from an airplane.
- It's punishable by a $8,000 fine in Eastdale, Montana to use a ceiling fan without first reading the manual.
- Under the Alabama State Constitution, it's a crime to bring a crying baby to a school play.
- In Blatisni County, Missouri, it's a felony to share a cheeseburger with a fireman at a restaurant.
- It's unlawful in Rawls, Louisiana to hitch a horse in the vicinity of a public school.
- It's against the law in Elmburg, Alabama to create a website that contains a dancing baby animation.
- It's a Class A felony to awaken a sleeping school teacher in Iscrigrif County, New York.
- According to Michigan law, it's illegal to build a snowman taller than 81 inches.
- It's punishable by a $2,000 fine to use the word "timusti" in a perjorative way in Connecticut.
- Under the Virginia State Constitution, it's unlawful to sell a desktop computer to a lawyer.
- It's a misdemeanor to use a seat cushion as a floatation device according to Oklahoma law.
- Under the Iowa State Constitution, it's a Class B felony to wear "puke green" pants on Sunday.
- It's a misdemeanor in Morrison, Vermont to view a dog from an airplane.
- In La Hollow County, Florida, it's a misdemeanor to use a eagle as a mascot.
- According to California law, it's unlawful to catch a fly ball at a baseball game without offering to give it back to the team.
- Under the Arkansas State Constitution, it's a violation of the law to keep Christmas decorations on a house past February 8.
- In Dyeveetonfield County, Alabama, it's prohibited for a woman to ask a man out on a date except on Thursday.
- It's a felony in St. Rader, Tennessee for birds to sing after 11:00 o'clock in the evening.
- It's a violation of the law to dance without the express written permission of Major League Baseball according to Delaware law.
- It's a crime to hold a yard sale without first obtaining a business license according to New Hampshire law.
- It's unlawful to sell your soul to Satan except during a fire in McLain, Delaware.
- It's a Class B misdemeanor in Rathbun, Utah for a thunderstorm to hit during a parade.
- According to Connecticut law, it's a violation of the law to use a giraffe as a mascot.
- In Virginia, it's punishable by a $1,000 fine for a woman to ask a man out on a date except on Wednesday.
- In Green Poplar County, South Carolina, it's a violation of the law to use a clothes dryer on a sunny day.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.