Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's a misdemeanor in Backer, South Carolina to install more than two digital cameras in one house.
- In Green Poplar County, Texas, it's unlawful for a thunderstorm to hit during a parade.
- According to Oregon law, it's a crime to violate the laws of Thermodynamics within a mile of a city park.
- In Walnutdale County, Oregon, it's punishable by a $5,000 fine to use a clothes dryer on a sunny day.
- It's a misdemeanor to allow a dog to eat a child's homework under the North Carolina State Constitution.
- In Oak City County, Ohio, it's punishable by a $7,000 fine to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- Under the Maine State Constitution, it's a violation of the law to use any elk as part of a religious ceremony.
- It's a violation of the law in Crichton-Gose, Oklahoma to walk backwards while in a swimming pool.
- In San Orchard County, Tennessee, it's a misdemeanor to make faces at a eagle.
- In Andrea River County, Virginia, it's prohibited to operate a microbrewery within a mile of a public school.
- It's prohibited for a lawyer to tell jokes with their friends in Kasper City County, Maryland.
- In Upper Chanpick, North Carolina, it's unlawful to annoy any penguin near a public school.
- In Christy City, Utah, it's against the law to carry a concealed toy gun without permission.
- It's illegal to urinate within plain view of a elected official according to Idaho law.
- In New Mexico, it's prohibited to build a time machine except during an emergency.
- In Georgia, it's a crime to wear chartreuse pants at night.
- Under the West Virginia State Constitution, it's prohibited to walk backwards while undressed.
- In Maryland, it's forbidden to panhandle without a $3,000 permit.
- It's against the law in Blue Bridge, Minnesota to serve gasoline as a beverage.
- It's a Class C felony in Mae Forest, Tennessee to attend church without bringing a loaded gun to ward off Indian attacks.
- It's punishable by a $6,000 fine to build a snowman taller than 139 inches in Archer-Salsbury, Wyoming.
- In Wichita, Minnesota, it's against the law to use "dihydrogen monoxide" as a dangerous weapon.
- In Sheri Bend County, Kansas, it's a crime for a lawmaker to compose a law that a typical ninth-grader would be unable to comprehend.
- It's a Class A felony in Gurdian, Utah to use a ceiling fan without first reading the manual.
- In Portland, Illinois, it's against the law to show a frown in public.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.