Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- According to Pennsylvania law, it's a misdemeanor to operate a digital camera while blindfolded.
- It's illegal in Svenssonopolis, Massachusetts to ride a bicycle while undressed.
- It's prohibited to purchase a bathtub made in Brazil according to Louisiana law.
- It's a crime to speak English in the presense of a city alderman under the New Jersey State Constitution.
- It's a violation of the law in White Pine, Delaware to attend church without bringing a loaded gun to ward off Indian attacks.
- According to Texas law, it's a misdemeanor to use the word "vespa" in a perjorative way.
- In East Udall County, New Jersey, it's against the law to wear a white XXXL T-shirt after Labor Day.
- It's forbidden in Wolkey City, Massachusetts to awaken a sleeping milkman.
- According to North Dakota law, it's prohibited to carry an ice cream cone while in a burning building.
- It's forbidden in Higginbotham-Sappington, Oklahoma to allow a dog to eat a child's homework.
- It's a Class A felony to enter the city limits in an automobile without first contacting a milkman in Kentucky.
- In Siegrist, Kentucky, it's punishable by a $2,000 fine to serve uncooked roadkill to a neighbor during a thunderstorm.
- In La Glade County, Georgia, it's against the law to sit on a toilet for more than 76 minutes.
- According to Nevada law, it's illegal to carry a concealed ice cream scoop unless a lawyer is present.
- According to Ohio law, it's illegal to wear a white coat after Labor Day.
- In Ash City County, Missouri, it's punishable by a $6,000 fine to allow a dog to eat a child's homework.
- In Little Rountree County, Washington, it's a crime to scare a sleeping turkey except during a thunderstorm.
- In San Diego County, Arizona, it's punishable by a $8,000 fine to give alcohol to any dog within 350 feet of a demolition derby.
- It's prohibited to protest naked in the vicinity of a basketball game unless a lawyer is present under the Minnesota State Constitution.
- Under the South Dakota State Constitution, it's a misdemeanor to keep Christmas decorations on a house past February 5.
- It's a Class C felony to attempt to bribe an elected official with less than $14,000 under the Maine State Constitution.
- According to Mississippi law, it's illegal to use a cat as a mascot.
- Under the Nebraska State Constitution, it's prohibited to kill a housefly in the vicinity of a public school except during a fire.
- It's punishable by a $2,000 fine to skip church to go to a school play on a Sunday under the Kentucky State Constitution.
- According to North Dakota law, it's forbidden to name a child "Hunos".
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.