Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Rhode Island, it's unlawful to give alcohol to any turkey without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
- It's a misdemeanor to switch your long distance carrier more than 5 times in a month according to Arizona law.
- In St. Paul, North Carolina, it's a Class B felony to hitch a horse to a parking meter except during a fire.
- It's illegal in Kepel Village, Kansas to carry an ice cream cone while undressed.
- It's a felony in Fort Verndalefield, Georgia for a married man to chew gum within 100 feet of a landfill unless his wife is present.
- In Missouri, it's forbidden to view a camel from an airplane.
- It's illegal to sing and have fun simultaneously close to a basketball game on Sunday in Tennessee.
- It's a violation of the law to cook a chicken after sunset in California.
- It's punishable by a $5,000 fine in Atwood, Arkansas for a married man to whistle on a bridge unless his wife is present.
- It's against the law to flip a coin in order to determine who will pay the bill at a restaurant in Timmons-Yarnall County, Rhode Island.
- According to Nevada law, it's illegal to allow a minor to operate a bathtub unsupervised.
- It's illegal in St. Saniter, Michigan to skip church to go to a baseball game on a Sunday.
- According to Nevada law, it's a Class A felony for a domesticated animal to mate within a mile of a city park.
- It's against the law to catch a fly ball at a baseball game without offering to give it back to the team under the Maryland State Constitution.
- It's against the law to set a mousetrap without a hunting permit according to New York law.
- In Little Lake County, Utah, it's a felony to use a ceiling fan without first reading the manual.
- It's illegal in Ellmaker, Montana to refer to a New York Times columnist as a "major league asshole" except during a fire.
- In Montana, it's a violation of the law for a woman to ask a man out on a date except on Wednesday.
- It's a Class B misdemeanor in Blue Lake, Virginia to refer to a New York Times columnist as a "major league asshole" without a license.
- It's unlawful in Fort City, Texas to install more than two bathtubs in one house.
- According to Missouri law, it's forbidden to serve gasoline as a beverage.
- It's prohibited in Fortdale, Missouri to hit a wasp with a ice cream scoop.
- Under the Wyoming State Constitution, it's forbidden to create a website that contains a dancing baby animation.
- In South Dakota, it's a crime to fall asleep while wearing a XXXL T-shirt.
- In South Koon, Wisconsin, it's against the law for a woman declared as "ugly" to be seen in public without wearing makeup.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.