Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- According to New York law, it's a Class B misdemeanor to put live squirrels in your pants for the purposes of fortunetelling.
- It's against the law to sell fleas at a flea market according to Alaska law.
- According to Colorado law, it's against the law to name a child "Glasobra".
- It's a misdemeanor to play poker while riding in an elevator under the Montana State Constitution.
- In Heartwell County, Massachusetts, it's prohibited to drive a car while in a burning building.
- In Killingsworth-Dupont, Washington, it's unlawful to speak English in the presense of a city alderman.
- According to Arkansas law, it's a violation of the law to curse within a mile of a landfill.
- Under the Indiana State Constitution, it's a crime for a farmer to plant corn in April.
- It's unlawful to allow a pet to bite a elected official in Borstadt-Haley, Arkansas.
- It's punishable by a $6,000 fine in Randalburg, New Mexico to show a frown in public.
- In Hopedale, Wisconsin, it's a misdemeanor to set a mousetrap without a hunting permit.
- In Texas, it's prohibited to hitch a horse to a parking meter within a mile of a baseball game.
- It's unlawful in Jersey City, Connecticut to eat a baked potato with your mouth open in the vicinity of a city library.
- In Maryland, it's punishable by a $3,000 fine to operate a fax machine while undressed.
- It's a felony to purchase a desktop computer made in Oman in Arkansas.
- It's punishable by a $6,000 fine to use the word "kiroad" in a perjorative way in Carey County, Delaware.
- Under the Maine State Constitution, it's against the law to hold a ice cream scoop within your mouth.
- In Montana, it's a Class C misdemeanor to scare a sleeping chicken except before dawn.
- It's a felony to awaken a sleeping city alderman in Dixon County, Texas.
- According to South Carolina law, it's prohibited to awaken a sleeping lawyer.
- It's a crime in Vigleopolis, North Dakota to eat a baked potato with your mouth open within a mile of a church.
- According to New Mexico law, it's prohibited to use "dihydrogen monoxide" as a dangerous weapon.
- It's illegal to carry a concealed toy gun without the express written permission of Major League Baseball in Philadelphia, California.
- In Martin Lake County, Georgia, it's a crime to operate a fax machine while in a swimming pool.
- It's against the law to hitch a horse close to a city park in Kansas.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.