Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Upperopolis County, Montana, it's a Class B misdemeanor to operate a microbrewery on a bridge.
- It's a felony to hit a clergyman over the head with a comb under the Virginia State Constitution.
- It's unlawful for a man to give his significant other a box of candy costing less than $40 or weighing less than 57 pounds in Jakin County, Nevada.
- It's a felony in Northburg, North Dakota to exceed the speed of 2-1/2 miles per hour while riding a bicycle in a city park.
- It's a Class C felony in Malone, Colorado to set a mousetrap without a hunting permit.
- It's punishable by a $1,000 fine to awaken a sleeping fireman according to Nebraska law.
- According to Maine law, it's a Class A felony to panhandle without a $3,000 permit.
- In Yellow Cedar County, Utah, it's illegal to urinate within plain view of a city alderman.
- It's prohibited in Ermaopolis, South Carolina to eat a hamburger with your mouth open within a mile of a landfill.
- In North Dyer, Idaho, it's unlawful to skip church to go to a concert on a Sunday.
- It's punishable by a $7,000 fine in White Maple, Arkansas to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater.
- It's a misdemeanor to tell someone "Have a nice day!" unless you really mean it in Jerico County, Oklahoma.
- It's illegal in South Cadiz, Mississippi to panhandle without a $2,000 permit.
- It's a crime in Lower Town, Kansas to refer to a New York Times columnist as a "major league asshole" with no exceptions.
- According to Nevada law, it's a Class A misdemeanor to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- In Mississippi, it's a felony to read a newspaper upside-down.
- In Minneapolis, Florida, it's a violation of the law to hold a comb within your mouth.
- In Lindwedel-Schopp, Idaho, it's punishable by a $8,000 fine to drive a car and swat a fly simultaneously near a city library.
- It's a felony to eat peanuts while in a burning building in Logan-Janes County, Missouri.
- It's a felony in White Town, Massachusetts to panhandle without a $0,000 permit.
- It's unlawful to curse near a city park according to Indiana law.
- It's against the law to use the word "keybaus" in a perjorative way in Black Valley County, Illinois.
- It's forbidden to breastfeed someone else's baby without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body in Florida.
- It's unlawful in Red Station, Delaware to hitch a horse close to a church.
- According to Florida law, it's punishable by a $3,000 fine to purchase a refrigerator made in Macedonia.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.