Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's punishable by a $8,000 fine to discharge a cannon at a wedding while drunk in New Jersey.
- It's a Class B felony for a lawmaker to compose a law that a typical tenth-grader would be unable to comprehend in South City, Kansas.
- It's punishable by a $8,000 fine in Pine Town, Vermont to laugh at a lawyer joke.
- It's prohibited to catch a fly ball at a baseball game without offering to give it back to the team in Oregon.
- According to Rhode Island law, it's a felony to use a clothes dryer on a sunny day.
- In St. Harder County, Louisiana, it's against the law to steal a road sign unless you have a good reason.
- It's a felony for a woman to ask a man out on a date except on Thursday in Vermont.
- It's punishable by a $8,000 fine in Blue City, West Virginia to chew gum while at a city council meeting.
- Under the Minnesota State Constitution, it's forbidden to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater.
- It's illegal for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a lawyer according to Connecticut law.
- In East Village County, Wyoming, it's a misdemeanor to urinate within plain view of a school teacher.
- In Arizona, it's against the law for a married man to walk backwards within 450 feet of a landfill unless his wife is present.
- In Rathbun County, Kentucky, it's a felony to refer to a New York Times columnist as a "major league asshole" without a license.
- In Hegel-Hafer, Ohio, it's against the law to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater.
- Under the Idaho State Constitution, it's unlawful to use the word "smicer" in a perjorative way.
- It's forbidden in Reklaw, Oklahoma to drive a car while undressed.
- It's a Class A misdemeanor to hit a clergyman over the head with a floppy diskette under the Missouri State Constitution.
- In Clemensville, Louisiana, it's unlawful for a person to wear a cowboy hat unless they own more than three cows.
- In Dorrance, Wisconsin, it's illegal to use the word "openfred" in a perjorative way.
- According to Iowa law, it's forbidden to laugh at a lawyer joke.
- It's forbidden to make faces at a bear according to North Dakota law.
- According to Virginia law, it's prohibited for a women weighing more than 203 pounds to walk backwards near a public school on Monday.
- According to Utah law, it's a Class B misdemeanor to name a child "Gredick".
- In West Town County, Montana, it's forbidden to drive a car while undressed.
- It's a misdemeanor to write a letter to the editor of a newspaper unless you are registered to vote according to Pennsylvania law.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.