Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- According to New York law, it's illegal to loiter in front of a school teacher's house.
- In Upatschi County, Montana, it's forbidden to post election signs for a Democratic candidate without a license.
- It's a felony in Little McAlexander, Ohio to play poker while riding in an elevator.
- In South Hollow County, Texas, it's a Class B misdemeanor for a married man to carry an ice cream cone close to a church unless his wife is present.
- It's punishable by a $7,000 fine in La Ridge, Mississippi to set a mousetrap without a hunting permit.
- It's punishable by a $3,000 fine to allow a pet to bite a city alderman in Cannan County, Maryland.
- It's a crime for a minor to use a ice cream scoop as a weapon without permission in Blackton, Wyoming.
- It's illegal in Waltman, Hawaii to ice skate on an outdoor pond during the summer.
- It's prohibited for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a school teacher under the North Carolina State Constitution.
- According to Louisiana law, it's a misdemeanor for a clergyman to dance with their friends.
- In South Carolina, it's a misdemeanor to build a snowman taller than 80 inches.
- Under the Washington State Constitution, it's a misdemeanor for a farmer to plant corn in June.
- Under the Kentucky State Constitution, it's a misdemeanor to tell someone "Merry Christmas!" unless you really mean it.
- In Old Notus City County, New York, it's a felony to keep more than 19 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
- It's a crime to wear a white XXXL T-shirt after Labor Day in Alabama.
- It's a Class B misdemeanor to insult an elected official on July 4th under the Indiana State Constitution.
- In Mississippi, it's against the law to allow a pet to bite a school teacher.
- In Lippsdale County, Utah, it's against the law to urinate within plain view of a elected official.
- It's a Class C felony in Washington, Washington to paint a house bright orange except during an emergency.
- In Mendenhall, New Hampshire, it's a misdemeanor to kill a kudzu vine in the vicinity of a baseball game without a license.
- It's illegal in Faroovville, Rhode Island to enter the city limits in an automobile without first contacting a school teacher.
- According to Delaware law, it's punishable by a $1,000 fine to engage in a public display of affection for more than 5 minutes.
- It's a violation of the law in St. Riton, Texas to go bowling on a bridge in the afternoon.
- According to Minnesota law, it's against the law to post election signs for a Democratic candidate without permission.
- It's a Class B felony to ice skate on an outdoor pond during the summer according to Kansas law.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.