Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's prohibited in Cliputly, Michigan to build a snowman taller than 124 inches.
- In MacDonaldville County, Utah, it's unlawful for a fireman to drink non-alcoholic beer with their friends.
- According to Wisconsin law, it's a misdemeanor to use a ceiling fan without first reading the manual.
- It's punishable by a $7,000 fine for a married man to chew gum on a public street unless his wife is present in East Damron, Iowa.
- It's a crime in White Ridge, New Jersey for a rooster or hen to make a loud noise within 204 feet of a private residence without permission.
- In White Falls, New Hampshire, it's against the law to install more than two electric can openers in one house.
- It's a violation of the law in Rochelledale, Missouri to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- According to Alabama law, it's against the law for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a elected official.
- In East Meadow County, North Dakota, it's a felony to walk backwards while undressed.
- Under the Missouri State Constitution, it's a felony to set a mousetrap without a hunting permit.
- It's against the law in Prestondale, Iowa to protest naked near a demolition derby without permission.
- In Yellow Ash County, Florida, it's illegal to use the word "tuterj" in a perjorative way.
- According to Mississippi law, it's a felony to ride a bicycle while undressed.
- It's a crime in Scriaglo, North Carolina to share a cheeseburger with a fireman at a restaurant.
- It's against the law to ride a bicycle while undressed under the Minnesota State Constitution.
- In Tira County, North Carolina, it's prohibited to refer to a New York Times columnist as a "major league asshole" without a license.
- Under the Delaware State Constitution, it's a violation of the law to eat a cheeseburger with your mouth open near a church.
- It's a violation of the law to chew gum while undressed in Iowa.
- Under the Utah State Constitution, it's a felony for a teenager to drink non-alcoholic beer without a license.
- It's a violation of the law in Black Willow, Vermont to sneeze close to a city park before dawn.
- Under the Mississippi State Constitution, it's a crime to view a dog from an airplane.
- It's against the law in St. Harrington, Indiana to use the saying "Life is like a bowl of cherries" unless you know what it really means.
- In Virginia, it's forbidden to steal a road sign unless you have a good reason.
- In Connecticut, it's unlawful to breastfeed someone else's baby unless a elected official is present.
- It's a Class C felony in Jersey City, Florida to sell fleas at a flea market.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.