Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's prohibited in Salem, Tennessee to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- It's a felony to flip a coin in order to determine who will pay the bill at a restaurant in McClainboro, South Dakota.
- It's a misdemeanor for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a fireman according to Iowa law.
- According to Louisiana law, it's punishable by a $7,000 fine to allow a pet to bite a lawyer.
- In Pattyboro County, Wyoming, it's against the law to allow a minor to operate a garbage disposal unsupervised.
- Under the New York State Constitution, it's forbidden to refer to an elderly person as a "geezer" without a good reason.
- It's a felony in Yellow Creek, Missouri to use a clothes dryer on a sunny day.
- In Arizona, it's unlawful to urinate within plain view of a clergyman.
- It's against the law in Tylerdale, North Dakota to awaken a sleeping police officer.
- It's illegal in Blackfield, Oklahoma for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 7 beers within an hour.
- It's forbidden in North Mophi, Missouri for a women weighing more than 248 pounds to operate a fax machine within a mile of a church.
- According to West Virginia law, it's illegal to drive a car while at a tractor pull.
- In Lower Springfieldopolis, Michigan, it's a violation of the law for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 3 beers within an hour.
- In Whiteopolis, Maine, it's prohibited to serve gasoline as a beverage.
- It's against the law in West Town, Idaho to whistle while drinking alcohol.
- In Illinois, it's a felony to sell your soul to Satan with no exceptions.
- In Minnesota, it's a misdemeanor for a women weighing more than 239 pounds to walk backwards before dawn.
- In Northton, Colorado, it's prohibited to burp on a bridge at night.
- It's forbidden in Rubyburg, West Virginia to build a time machine without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
- It's illegal for a farmer to plant corn in October in New Mustang County, New York.
- It's unlawful in Warden-Snow, Rhode Island to mispronounce the name of the state song.
- It's a Class B misdemeanor to insult an elected official on July 4th in North Carolina.
- It's a misdemeanor in Aclipin Village, Massachusetts to post election signs for a Republican candidate unless a clergyman is present.
- In Gosselin-Barron County, New Hampshire, it's a felony to kill a mosquito within 500 feet of a city park without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
- Under the New Mexico State Constitution, it's a Class A felony to build a snowman taller than 101 inches.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.