Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- Under the Oregon State Constitution, it's a felony to discriminate against a city alderman who is unable to sing.
- It's a felony to give alcohol to any dog without permission according to Oregon law.
- It's unlawful to cook a chicken on Sunday according to Kentucky law.
- In Ebesdel City, New York, it's against the law to kill a kudzu vine near a city library without permission.
- It's unlawful to wear a white pair of shoes after Labor Day in South Dakota.
- Under the Washington State Constitution, it's forbidden to refer to a New York Times columnist as a "major league asshole" without the express written permission of Major League Baseball.
- According to South Carolina law, it's punishable by a $4,000 fine to eat peanuts and drive a car at the same time close to a demolition derby on Sunday.
- In Yellow Spruce, Alaska, it's a felony to keep more than 17 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
- In Lyleton, North Dakota, it's illegal to walk backwards while undressed.
- According to North Dakota law, it's a felony for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a lawyer.
- It's unlawful in Rangan City, Arizona to engage in a public display of affection for more than 8 minutes.
- In Upper Crary County, Alabama, it's illegal to keep Christmas decorations on a house past February 21.
- In St. Gemp, Alaska, it's a felony to drive a car while undressed.
- Under the Iowa State Constitution, it's unlawful for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a police officer.
- Under the Oregon State Constitution, it's unlawful to switch your long distance carrier more than 3 times in a month.
- According to South Carolina law, it's illegal to use a elk as a mascot.
- In Rochester County, South Carolina, it's a Class C misdemeanor to annoy any cow within a mile of a public school.
- It's a misdemeanor in North Jewuste, Texas for a domesticated animal to mate within 660 feet of a city park.
- According to Ohio law, it's a misdemeanor to wear hot pink pants before dawn.
- It's a violation of the law in Blue Hickory, Virginia to tell someone "Good luck!" unless you really mean it.
- In Paluzga County, North Carolina, it's punishable by a $4,000 fine to flip a coin in order to determine who will pay the bill at a restaurant.
- It's illegal to put live squirrels in your pants for the purposes of fortunetelling under the Rhode Island State Constitution.
- It's unlawful to use the saying "Life is like a box of chocolates" unless you know what it really means in Indiana.
- In Arkansas, it's punishable by a $4,000 fine to hold a yard sale without first obtaining a business license.
- According to Rhode Island law, it's against the law to install more than two desktop computers in one house.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.