Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Turon County, Pennsylvania, it's a felony to set a mousetrap without a hunting permit.
- It's a misdemeanor in Darlington, Arkansas to serve uncooked roadkill to a neighbor in the afternoon.
- In Walcott County, Texas, it's unlawful to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- Under the Rhode Island State Constitution, it's a Class C felony to walk backwards while in a burning building.
- It's a misdemeanor for a school teacher to have fun with their friends in Alaska.
- In Arizona, it's punishable by a $5,000 fine to compile and distribute a list of "stupid laws".
- According to Oklahoma law, it's a crime to name a child "Greeoto".
- It's a violation of the law to purchase a desktop computer made in Poland in Kansas City, South Carolina.
- In Ohio, it's a Class B felony for a domesticated animal to mate near a baseball game.
- It's a felony in Shewmaker Town, Louisiana for a lawmaker to compose a law that a typical fourth-grader would be unable to comprehend.
- According to Arkansas law, it's a violation of the law to speak English in the presense of a school teacher.
- It's against the law in North Wobig, Alabama to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- In Montana, it's punishable by a $8,000 fine for birds to sing after 11:00 o'clock in the evening.
- In Alabama, it's against the law to cough without a good reason.
- It's illegal to enter the city limits in an automobile without first contacting a lawyer in Hammond-Armstrong, Oregon.
- According to South Dakota law, it's illegal to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- According to Vermont law, it's a Class C misdemeanor to operate a fax machine and ride a bicycle at the same time without a permit.
- In Sacramento County, Pennsylvania, it's a crime for the host at a dinner party to serve an apple pie on "puke green" plates.
- It's unlawful to protest naked within a mile of a church without a license in Cleveland, Hawaii.
- According to Kentucky law, it's a crime to bring a crying baby to a concert.
- It's a misdemeanor to make faces at a cow under the Nevada State Constitution.
- It's punishable by a $4,000 fine in Pax, Arizona for a minor to use a comb as a weapon without the express written permission of Major League Baseball.
- It's punishable by a $5,000 fine to serve uncooked roadkill to a neighbor at night in Norfolk, Arkansas.
- In Maine, it's punishable by a $7,000 fine to hold a yard sale without first obtaining a business license.
- It's unlawful in Yellow Forest, Pennsylvania to skip church to go to a concert on a Sunday.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.