Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- According to Alaska law, it's a felony for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a clergyman.
- It's illegal in Lura, Oregon for the host at a dinner party to serve a T-bone steak on bright orange plates.
- In Whitedale, Michigan, it's a misdemeanor to build a snowman taller than 104 inches.
- In Green Walnut County, New York, it's a felony to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- In North City, Utah, it's a misdemeanor to drive a car while in a swimming pool.
- According to Arizona law, it's a violation of the law for a man to flirt with a restaurant waitress unless he is a fireman.
- It's forbidden in Elmhower City, Georgia to refer to an elderly person as a "geezer" without permission.
- It's a crime in Eastfield, New Mexico to hitch a horse to a parking meter on Friday.
- In Northdale County, New Hampshire, it's a violation of the law to wear a white pair of shoes after Labor Day.
- In North Carolina, it's a crime to view a dog from an airplane.
- It's prohibited in Farshoville, New Jersey to refer to an elderly person as a "geezer" without the express written permission of Major League Baseball.
- Under the Texas State Constitution, it's illegal to share an apple pie with a city alderman at a restaurant.
- Under the Maine State Constitution, it's a violation of the law for birds to sing after 9:00 o'clock in the evening.
- According to New Mexico law, it's a felony to use the saying "Life is like a box of chocolates" unless you know what it really means.
- It's prohibited in Pandar, North Carolina for birds to sing after 9:00 o'clock in the evening.
- It's illegal to bring a crying baby to a basketball game in Green Elm County, Indiana.
- In East House, Georgia, it's a violation of the law for a farmer to plant corn in November.
- Under the Hawaii State Constitution, it's a misdemeanor to eat a salad with your mouth open in the vicinity of a landfill.
- In Mazza, Colorado, it's a crime for a teenager to swat a fly without a permit.
- It's illegal in Virginia Beach, Vermont to use the saying "Life is like a bowl of cherries" unless you know what it really means.
- In New Hampshire, it's a crime to sing and swat a fly simultaneously when the President is giving a speech on national television.
- In Arilmudton, Iowa, it's against the law to skip church to go to a concert on a Sunday.
- In Loami County, Nebraska, it's a violation of the law for a lawyer to eat peanuts while on duty.
- It's prohibited for birds to sing after 9:00 o'clock in the evening under the South Dakota State Constitution.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.