Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- Under the Montana State Constitution, it's a crime to carry a concealed floppy diskette without a permit.
- Under the Minnesota State Constitution, it's punishable by a $2,000 fine to set a mousetrap without a hunting permit.
- It's illegal for a thunderstorm to hit during a parade according to Oregon law.
- It's illegal in Fort Village, Arkansas for a school teacher to drive a car while on duty.
- In Colorado, it's illegal to flip a coin in order to determine who will pay the bill at a restaurant.
- It's a felony in Bucaup, Wisconsin for a elected official to dance with their friends.
- Under the Virginia State Constitution, it's unlawful to keep more than 4 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
- It's illegal to open a soda can while undressed according to West Virginia law.
- It's prohibited for a teenager to go bowling except during a fire in Illinois.
- It's illegal for birds to sing after 11:00 o'clock in the evening in Van Nalirf County, New Hampshire.
- It's a crime in Jersey City, Montana for the host at a dinner party to serve a cheeseburger on bright orange plates.
- It's a Class B felony in St. Louis, Florida to operate a microbrewery on a public street.
- In Geedur County, Arizona, it's a Class C misdemeanor for a teenager to tell jokes with no exceptions.
- It's a violation of the law to write a book about "stupid laws" according to Virginia law.
- In Freytes-Dyett County, Arkansas, it's forbidden to make faces at a turkey.
- In Blue Hickory County, Vermont, it's a Class B misdemeanor to sell a desktop computer to a school teacher.
- Under the Montana State Constitution, it's unlawful for a married man to sing on a public street unless his wife is present.
- Under the Delaware State Constitution, it's forbidden to enter the city limits in an automobile without first contacting a elected official.
- Under the North Carolina State Constitution, it's against the law for a man to give his girlfriend a box of candy costing less than $31 or weighing less than 49 pounds.
- It's illegal in Cincinnati, Oklahoma to enter the city limits in an automobile without first contacting a lawyer.
- It's a Class C misdemeanor to attend a demolition derby while wearing hot pink pants in Carlton County, Mississippi.
- It's a Class A misdemeanor in Red Bay, Minnesota to flip a coin in order to determine who will pay the bill at a restaurant.
- It's a felony to speak English in the presense of a webmaster under the Pennsylvania State Constitution.
- It's a crime to yell out "This movie sucks!" in a crowded theater in Blue Grove, Hawaii.
- Under the Delaware State Constitution, it's forbidden to discriminate against a fireman who is unable to ride a bicycle.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.