Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Texas, it's a violation of the law for a thunderstorm to hit during a parade.
- According to South Carolina law, it's a crime for birds to sing after 9:00 o'clock in the evening.
- It's punishable by a $6,000 fine in Sycamoreopolis, Idaho to kill a mosquito near a church without the express written permission of Major League Baseball.
- It's a crime in Jeanneville, New Mexico to loiter in front of a school teacher's house.
- In Red River County, Iowa, it's a felony to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- Under the Minnesota State Constitution, it's forbidden to attend church without bringing a loaded gun to ward off Indian attacks.
- It's prohibited in Poulan, Arkansas to eat peanuts while drinking alcohol.
- It's a misdemeanor to annoy any dog on a bridge in California.
- In Nebraska, it's a Class A felony to use the saying "Life is like a box of chocolates" unless you know what it really means.
- It's illegal for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a fireman according to South Dakota law.
- In Little Glade, Minnesota, it's prohibited to operate a microbrewery within a mile of a landfill.
- In Georgia, it's a misdemeanor to use a seat cushion as a floatation device.
- It's forbidden in Elmville, Georgia to build a time machine without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.
- It's illegal to attempt to bribe an elected official with less than $11,000 in Iowa.
- In Blue Falls County, Minnesota, it's a Class A misdemeanor to violate the laws of Thermodynamics when the President is giving a speech on national television.
- It's prohibited to operate a touch-tone phone while blindfolded in Colorado.
- It's a crime in Fort Espeeg, Vermont to mispronounce the name of the state animal.
- Under the Texas State Constitution, it's unlawful to post election signs for a Democratic candidate unless a police officer is present.
- It's illegal to give alcohol to any chicken without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body according to Utah law.
- It's punishable by a $5,000 fine in South Village, Wisconsin to laugh at a lawyer joke.
- It's unlawful to carry a concealed comb except during an emergency according to Vermont law.
- In Haché County, New York, it's a Class C misdemeanor to speak English in the presense of a school teacher.
- It's forbidden in Old Dupree, Maine to bring a crying baby to a school play.
- In Green Hickory County, Alaska, it's a violation of the law to protest naked within 600 feet of a city library without a good reason.
- Under the Rhode Island State Constitution, it's a Class A misdemeanor to sell fleas at a flea market.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.