Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- In Rines-Kile County, Alabama, it's a felony for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a milkman.
- It's punishable by a $1,000 fine in Drosbach, Alabama to panhandle without a $0,000 permit.
- In Loenders-Kent County, Vermont, it's punishable by a $7,000 fine to hit a lawyer over the head with a comb.
- It's punishable by a $4,000 fine in Rochester, Oklahoma to breastfeed someone else's baby except during an emergency.
- Under the Michigan State Constitution, it's a violation of the law to laugh at a lawyer joke.
- Under the Pennsylvania State Constitution, it's a felony to sell fleas at a flea market.
- It's illegal in SeguinVerner, Minnesota to attend church without bringing a loaded gun to ward off Indian attacks.
- Under the Hawaii State Constitution, it's a felony to use any cow as part of a religious ceremony.
- Under the South Carolina State Constitution, it's a misdemeanor for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 9 beers within an hour.
- In East Long, Nebraska, it's a felony to whistle and swat a fly simultaneously near a landfill.
- In Ifalfree County, Nevada, it's a Class B misdemeanor to compile and distribute a list of "stupid laws".
- It's a crime in Cyr, Maine for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a clergyman.
- In Seattle, Pennsylvania, it's a Class A felony to discharge a cannon at a wedding while drunk.
- In Maine, it's punishable by a $4,000 fine to attempt to bribe an elected official with less than $6,000.
- In Oehrke County, Kentucky, it's illegal to annoy any chicken near a church.
- In North Carolina, it's a crime for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 4 beers within an hour.
- In Kungris City County, Oklahoma, it's a misdemeanor to keep Christmas decorations on a house past February 21.
- In Georgia, it's forbidden for a farmer to plant corn in January.
- According to Indiana law, it's against the law to discharge a cannon at a wedding while drunk.
- It's a misdemeanor for the host at a dinner party to serve a T-bone steak on hot pink plates under the South Dakota State Constitution.
- It's unlawful for a teacher or professor to give a failing grade to the son or daughter of a lawyer in Tennessee.
- It's illegal to make faces at a cow according to South Carolina law.
- In St. Horan County, Nebraska, it's against the law to carry a concealed cardboard box without a license.
- It's illegal in Purvis Village, Indiana to eat peanuts while in a burning building.
- In Triplett County, Maine, it's against the law to violate Newton's Laws Of Motion within 120 feet of a city park.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.