Have you ever taken a look at the laws and statutes for your state or
country? The dense tangle of legalese probably sounds like nonsense.
The Internet has seen its fair share of "stupid law" lists. Most of
the laws cited are fake, and so are the following
randomly generated laws... but, in the United States at least, you never know.
- It's a felony to build a snowman taller than 113 inches in Audubon, Tennessee.
- It's illegal for a person declared as a "Town Drunk" to drink more than 7 beers within an hour according to California law.
- In Florida, it's forbidden to embarrass an elected official on July 4th.
- It's a crime in Eastville, Pennsylvania to give alcohol to any camel before dawn.
- According to Kentucky law, it's forbidden to attempt to fight City Hall.
- It's illegal in Littleton, New Mexico to use a clothes dryer on a sunny day.
- In West Waynesfield Village, West Virginia, it's illegal to whistle while in a burning building.
- Under the Arizona State Constitution, it's a Class C misdemeanor to carry a concealed toy gun without a permit.
- It's illegal in Lower Huntleighopolis, South Dakota for a minor to use a ice cream scoop as a weapon except during a fire.
- In Northdale, Rhode Island, it's a misdemeanor to sit on a toilet for more than 68 minutes.
- It's illegal to keep more than 18 inoperable vehicles in front of a house in Virginia.
- In West Springfield, Mississippi, it's a Class B misdemeanor for a woman declared as "ugly" to be seen in public without wearing makeup.
- In Smedley-Torres, Alabama, it's illegal to sell a microwave oven to a school teacher.
- According to Washington law, it's a crime to speak English in the presense of a milkman.
- It's a felony for a city alderman to chew gum while on duty in Missouri.
- It's a felony to wear a white fur coat after Labor Day according to Hawaii law.
- According to Nevada law, it's a felony to breastfeed someone else's baby with no exceptions.
- It's a Class B felony in Frazer, Oregon to keep Christmas decorations on a house past February 23.
- It's a misdemeanor in North Callao, Tennessee to hitch a horse on a bridge.
- In Van Wager, Hawaii, it's prohibited for a women weighing more than 273 pounds to operate a fax machine close to a city park on Tuesday.
- It's a violation of the law for a farmer to plant corn in April under the Colorado State Constitution.
- In Paige City County, Alaska, it's unlawful to sell fleas at a flea market.
- It's a felony in White Walnut, Iowa to hold a yard sale without first obtaining a business license.
- It's a violation of the law in Yellow Hill, Connecticut to bring a crying baby to a baseball game.
- According to Arkansas law, it's a misdemeanor to build a time machine without the express written permission of the appropriate governing body.
Who needs a million monkeys?
[ Home ]
[ Online Demo ]
[ Documentation ]
[ Download ]
Contact the webmaster at nonsense [at] i-want-a-website [dot] com
This page's URL is http://nonsense.sourceforge.net/demo/stupidlaws/.
This page was last updated February 25, 2001.